I bought a new oven this year when I moved in with my boyfriend, Seiya. Since then, I have made many things including some of my favorite sweets from back home! Today I will share with you my Peanut Butter Cookie recipe!
- 1 Why Peanut Butter Cookies?
- 2 Things You Will Need
- 3 Step by Step Instructions
- 3.1 Step 1 – Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together.
- 3.2 Step 2 – Add the egg and beat well.
- 3.3 Step 3 – Add baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla.
- 3.4 Step 4 – Stir in the flour.
- 3.5 Step 5 – Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Then preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit).
- 3.6 Step 6 – Roll into balls, and gently press a fork covered in sugar to make a criss-cross pattern.
- 3.7 Step 7 – Bake on un-greased cookie sheet or foil-lined tray for about 8-10 minutes or adjust to suit your oven and size of cookies!
- 4 They’re Hot and Ready!
- 5 Best with a Cold Glass of Milk.
- 6 They Make a Good Gift too!
- 7 Nutritional Information
- 8 Conclusion
Why Peanut Butter Cookies?
Since moving to Japan, I haven’t seen peanut butter cookies for sale anywhere. Most Japanese people I have asked said they have never eaten peanut butter cookies. So, when I found out my boyfriend had never eaten them, I decided it was my duty to change that!
He liked them so much, I decided to make them again to bring for his family when we visited his hometown for the holidays. They were a hit!
My hope in writing this post is that foreigners who miss these cookies will be inspired to try making them, and that Japanese people who have never tried them will also challenge this recipe!
Things You Will Need
I used an oven for this recipe. A toaster oven would also probably work, but the time and temperature may vary. You might be able to get creative and use a frying pan if you don’t have either one!
Ingredients (Makes About 2 dozen cookies):
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together.
Step 2 – Add the egg and beat well.
Step 3 – Add baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla.
Step 4 – Stir in the flour.
Step 5 – Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Then preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit).
Step 6 – Roll into balls, and gently press a fork covered in sugar to make a criss-cross pattern.
They’re Hot and Ready!
Best with a Cold Glass of Milk.
They Make a Good Gift too!
I bought this nice container from the 100 yen shop “Seria” so I could bring some cookies to Seiya’s family. The size is so perfect for these cookies, they almost look store-bought! But they are way more delicious ^_−☆
For those of you who are interested in the nutritional value of this recipe, check this out! One cookie is about 140 calories. According to the site that calculated these numbers, 5 percent daily value for a nutrient it is considered low, while 20 percent or more is high.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and if you get a chance, please use it to make your own peanut butter cookies! Enjoy!