Hello, everyone! Today I would like to share one of my favorite recipes for summer. It’s a plant-based (vegan) version of Vietnamese Salad Rolls AKA Summer Rolls. They’re a really healthy, low-calorie, and beautiful way to have lunch at home without heating up your kitchen!
- Rice Paper (for wrapping)
- Rice Noodles
- Veggies of your choice (I used carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, and sprouts)
- Peanut Sauce for dipping
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp water
*A note about the sauce: I didn’t have hoisin sauce or lime, so I just kind of winged it. I don’t remember the exact measurements but I think I used a combination of soy sauce, mirin, lemon juice, miso, and garlic powder. Whatever I did, it turned out great! Don’t be afraid to play around with it and taste test as you go!
How to Prepare:
- Prepare the veggies and rice noodles (follow the instructions on the package)
- Dip the rice paper in water for about 10 seconds and let the excess water drip off.
- Set the rice paper on a plate and put your filling in the center.
4. Wrap and Roll like a burrito.
It should turn out something like this. You can eat it as is or you can cut it in half for a nicer presentation.
You can dip them into the sauce or spoon the sauce onto the roll if that’s easier.
I hope you enjoy this simple, healthy, and delicious plant-based recipe! Feel free to put your own ingredients or change up the sauce if you’d like. One of the great things about these rolls is how customizable they are! Happy cooking! 🙂