Just because I am a vegan, doesn’t mean that I can’t eat delicious food! In fact, there are vegan recipes for just about every dish there is! You just have to get creative.
So, today I will share with you an easy way to make delicious french toast at home using simple ingredients that most of us already have in our pantries!
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour (or any other kind of flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- about 8 slices of bread (I used a kind of french bread)
- strawberries (or any toppings you like)
- Mix all ingredients except the bread and toppings in a large bowl or deep pan. You may use a blender if you’d like but I didn’t find the need to.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter, making sure the batter coats the full slice. You may leave the bread to soak for a few minutes, if you have the time, to make it extra soft.
- Prepare your frying pan. If using non-stick, you may not need oil. If you are using a pan that things tend to stick to, I recommend using a small amount of coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Heat the pan and place 2-4 slices of the battered toast (depending on the size of your pan).
- Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with strawberries and more maple syrup or whatever toppings you like.
I originally found this recipe on: https://gamechangersmovie.com/recipes/egg-free-french-toast/
The Game Changers is one of my favorite documentaries I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a plant-based diet, health, and exercise. You can find where to watch the documentary from the website linked above, as well as several plant-based recipes (including this one)! I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe and let me know what you think in the comments. 🙂